Be it your daily commute to work, the fatigue there of or a road trip gone awry due to sticky sweltering traffic, you can always save your mind from the anger and frustration of being stuck behind a long line of automobiles. How about a healthy binge that also lifts your mood? An Ayurveda expert shares food tips that you can use before you start out, or binge on while stuck on the road!
1. Fruits such as strawberries, orange, guava and pineapple have large amounts of Vitamin C and are extremely beneficial against stress. The nutrients present in them help reduce fatigue.
2. Bananas are rich in tryptophan too. They also has a type of protein that is converted to serotonin. In addition, they are loaded with Vitamin B and other nutrients such as potassium that work wonders to combat anxiety levels. Bananas are also rich in potassium and magnesium, which are great muscle relaxing agents.
3. Beans and peas are good foods to fight against stress because they contain high levels of tryptophan. This amino acid helps in the formation of serotonin, a substance that induces a sense of well-being and happiness.
4. Cereals such as oats and brown rice are rich in lean protein, vitamin B complex, amino acids and essential vitamins – all of which help combat stress and help stay focused and balanced.
5. Milk too has a calming effect on the body. Lactium, a protein found in milk helps reduce levels of cortisol (stress hormone).
6. Almonds are known to be a super food for the brain. They are packed with antioxidants and are known to relax the muscles and reduce stress.
Pictures Courtesy: Unsplash