Going to the spa is such a relaxing treat! The soothing music, the calming aromas, the rejuvenating treatments, the nourishing food and drink…what more could you ask for when you need a little stress-melting? It’s pampering at its finest!
But what about those days when you don’t have the time or money to escape to a spa?
Let me show you how you can get all the pampering you deserve, right from your own home.
Set the mood
Having an ultimate spa experience starts with creating ambiance. Here are a few easy ways to set the mood in your home for your day of relaxation:
- Browse Spotify or youtube for relaxing music and let it softly play in the background. Try this 6-hour playlist to start you off
- Drop some essential oils (lavender, mmm!!) in an oil diffuser to create a soothing scent in your home. No diffuser? No problem! Try this easy recipe for stovetop potpourri.
- Light a few candles around the house and dim the lights. Feeling relaxed yet?
Nourish your body
Your music is playing, your house is smelling amazing, and your candles are a-glow. Now it’s time to get some spa-worthy food and drink in your belly!
This simple breakfast recipe will start your spa day off on the right foot:
1/2 c. old fashioned oats (gluten free if necessary)
3/4 c. milk of choice (I like almond milk)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all ingredients together in a container you can keep covered in the refrigerator
2. Leave overnight in your refrigerator to thicken
3. When you wake up, remove from the refrigerator and add toppings of your choice (berries, bananas, apples, a little yogurt, granola…you decide!)
And don’t forget to stay hydrated! Try out one (or two or five!) of these spa-water recipes
to keep you sipping all day long.
After the mood is set and you are properly fed, it’s time to start relaxing and pampering! Here are a few DIY spa treatments you can easily do from home:
- Face masks. So easy and inexpensive! Here’s a few ideas.
- Hair masks. Here are 3 great masks to try.
- Sugar body scrub. Will leave you feeling amazing! Just mix 2 cups of brown sugar with 1/2 c. olive oil and 1/4 cup honey. Happy scrubbing!
- Long soak in the bath. Draw up a hot bath, and add a few drops of essential oils or maybe some luxurious bubble bath. Breathe deep and say ahhhh!
- Foot soak. Fill a large bowl with warm (not scalding!) water, and add 2 tsp of olive oil. Add a few drops of essential oils to create a light scent. Soak for 10 minutes, dry off, and end by moisturizing your feet with a lotion of your choice!
If DIY isn’t quite your thing, then choose from my Shankara
favorites and create the ultimate spa experience at home: